Safe Positive 69堂精品app
Safe and Caring Learning Environments
The Board of 69堂精品app believes everyone in the school community collectively contributes to and cultivates a safe, caring, and welcoming culture.
- Each child is a learner and deserves the opportunity and supports to achieve optimum learning.
- In learning opportunities that set high expectations for all learners to grow intellectually, socially and emotionally.
- Designing safe, caring, welcoming learning environments ensures an inclusive culture with acceptance and belonging for all.
- Ongoing learning and critical reflection ensures quality teaching and optimum student learning.
- Foster a culture of belonging where diversity is expected and celebrated where each learner is welcomed, cared for, respected and safe.
- Design intellectually engaging learning within the program of studies. Learning opportunities are relevant, purposeful and differentiated to develop knowledge, skills, conceptual understanding and deeper thinking.
- Develop and provide a continuum of supports to address students’ strengths, needs and areas for growth.
- Develop competencies within each learner for lifelong learning and active citizenship through collaboration, critical thinking, communication, creativity and innovation, problem solving, managing information, personal growth and well-being, as well as cultural and global citizenship.
- Ensure students are literate and numerate. Learning opportunities are designed in all subject areas and grade levels to develop learners’ ability, confidence and willingness to engage, communicate and create.
- Design assessment and evaluation to support student independence and self-efficacy in their learning. Students know where they are, where they need to be, and next steps in learning through clear success criteria, learning targets, and effective feedback. Ongoing assessment/student evidence is used to guide instruction and improve student learning.
- Collaborate as a learning community to support each learner’s success.
Federal (e.g. Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms) and provincial (e.g. School Act, Alberta Human Rights Act) legislation, policy and directives are in place to recognize, support and protect the fundamental human rights of all members of the school community.
Learning and Instruction
Safe and Caring
69堂精品app believes in creating inclusive learning environments that are welcoming, caring, respectful and safe which respect diversity and foster a sense of belonging for all students, staff and families. This means that each and every person, regardless of race, religious beliefs, colour, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical disability, mental disability, age, ancestry, place of origin, marital status, source of income, family status or sexual orientation of that person or class of persons, has the relevant learning opportunities and appropriate supports needed to feel valued and to be successful in school.